1. Phone Intake- This is our first introduction to each other! During this phone interview, we will discuss your concerns and goals. We’ll talk about what you think the reason behind the lack of organization is, and I’ll ask you questions about your home/student, routines, habits, and schedules.
This is a good chance for us to decide if we will take the next steps toward your goals together.
If we decide to proceed, we will schedule an appointment for the initial in-person consultation.
Otherwise, I will be happy to refer you to another resource.
2. Initial Consultation- please plan to spend 60 to 90 minutes with me while we either tour your home or while I get to know your student.
- Discuss what is working and what is not
- Discuss an action plan
- Decide on a time frame and budget
From here, you have three options:
- You can tackle the project yourself based on what we discussed and the recommendations I made during the Initial Consultation.
- I can custom-create a detailed, step-by-step list of instructions—a DIY Plan of Action—that you can use without me
- Book an appointment!
Please note that “getting organized” is not a one time event. It is a commitment to doing things differently on a daily basis so that you can stay more organized, productive, and efficient.
You may be thinking, “What if I DON’T stay organized after we’ve worked together?” No problem! Setbacks are sometimes part of the growth process and nothing to be ashamed of at all! If you find that you (or your student) have gone back to your old ways, give me a call. We may be able to determine what the problem is and quickly find a solution right over the phone. If you think you need a “refresher” session in person, please know that there is never any judgment with me!
The first home organizing session is a minimum of three hours. There is usually much sorting to be done and many decisions to be made. Any supplies we will need to complete the project are usually purchased during this first appointment (online). Remember, it took a long time for your home to get to its current condition, so it’s going to take some time for it to change!
Student Organization sessions are handled a little differently. During the Initial Consultation, both the student AND the parent must be in attendance. Depending on many factors, we may be able to begin the first organizing session right after the Consultation is over. There is no three-hour minimum requirement for the first organizing session for Students.